Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Return to the Reserve


Yesterday I made my first visit to Gosforth Nature Reserve since the 'lockdown' began.  First of all I need to express thanks to the body of NHSN member volunteers who man the gate, so making the re-opening possible.  The arrangements that are in place are easy to understand and follow and so the whole experience felt very safe.
 

I made my way to the Ridley Hide - only 2 people in there, so plenty of room (the maximum is 5).  There was a Grey Heron right beside the hide...



Quite a few photographers have been posting pictures of Kingfishers and I was delighted that I only had to wait a few minutes before he made an appearance.








Before I left the hide I managed to capture the Grey heron in a balletic pose...




From the hide I made a complete circuit of the Reserve.  All was tranquil and it was a pleasure to 'get away from it all'.  I had the company of Small White butterfly for part of the way...


There is no doubt that I'll be back...

1 comment: