Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Return to the BLOG via Fuerteventura, 2024

I created this blog during COVID times...and then forgot about it.
I have had problems with my "pontartphotos" website so was considering setting up a new website.  

But that seemed rather intimidating, as all I want to do is share my photos beyond what I put on Facebook. So, I thought, why not resurrect the Blog?

Good idea - but I have forgotten what to do!

So this is a first attempt to post something to see if I can work the technology.

This post shows some of my recent pictures taken on Fuerteventura.  We have been there twice: in November 23 with Naturetrek and in January 24 as part of a Jet2 package holiday.

The island is our favourite 'Canary' and we know it quite well.  We hoped to find some new birding locations with the Naturetrek guides and this worked to some extent. In January we stayed in our usual hotel in Jandia and hired a car for a couple of days to get about.  I didn't take my normal photography gear in January, just carrying a lightweight bridge camera instead - it showed in the results, but there were a couple of shots of a Spectacled Warbler that is worth sharing.


Houbara Bustard - one of the main target species

Spectacled Warbler - taken with a Bridge Camera

These following photos have all featured on my Facebook page...



 Spanish Sparrow



Berthelot's Pipit



Fuerteventura Chats



Egyptian Vulture


Great Grey Shrike


Sardinian Warbler


3 comments:

  1. I think the Houbara Bustard picture is particularly good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably down to the quality of the person holding the camera...

    ReplyDelete